Information Collection, Use, Choices and Data Integrity
You can generally visit our website (BoardDocs.com) without actively revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, in certain areas of this site, we may ask you to contact us with questions or comments, or request more information about our services.
Due to the nature of some of these activities, we may request personally identifiable information, such as your name, title, employer/organization, address, email address and phone number, as well as any other information you elect to provide us. In certain circumstances, we also may ask for additional information about your organization, such as annual operating budget, number of board members, number of committee members, and other details. We may also ask for demographic information in order to provide you with a more personalized experience.
If you request more information about our services, we may use your personally identifiable information to send you the information you have requested. We may also use this information to respond to customer service requests, and send updates about our latest events and products. We do not ask you for, access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our services.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at info@BoardDocs.com.
Websites may use “temporary cookies” to track user navigation in order to make the user experience more useful. A temporary cookie is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The “temporary cookie”, also called a session cookie, is stored in temporary memory in the form of a text file on your computer, and is erased after the browser session is ended.
We use a variety of technologies to help us better understand how you use the website. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Cookies: This is a small data file sent from a server to your web browser or mobile device that is stored on your browser cache or mobile device. You can configure your browser’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies. For clarity, if you delete cookies, essential cookies may be deleted and the full functionality of BoardDocs and/or the website may not be available.
ANALYTICS / LOG FILES
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, or to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the performance of the website. This software may record information such as how often you use the website, the events that occur within the website, aggregated usage, and performance data. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit through the website.
BoardDocs also stores certain analytic data about usage of our systems. This information is kept confidential in accordance with terms of our customer contracts and applicable law and is only delivered to customers upon request.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to ship your order or offer customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Diligent group companies. Emerald Data Solutions, Inc. works closely with other businesses and companies that fall under within the Diligent group of companies. We may share certain information about with other Diligent group companies for marketing purposes, internal reporting and customer insights and service optimization.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party. Where permitted by law or regulation and reasonably practicable, we will attempt to notify you of such requirements.
- The company or organization that has made you an authorized user of the services, upon request.
Because we operate as part of a global business, the recipients referred to above may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the services).
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of BoardDocs. If you submit personally identifiable information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. BoardDocs is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any sites to which BoardDocs.com provides links. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Social Media Widgets
Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
ACCESS TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Upon request BoardDocs will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us by telephone (Toll Free: 866-672-2666), or via email at support@BoardDocs.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
BoardDocs acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. BoardDocs has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to BoardDocs’s Client Administrators or the BoardDocs Support Team at support@BoardDocs.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact our Support Team at support@BoardDocs.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. For the avoidance of doubt, in certain customer situations we may also agree to hold certain data for periods of time after the contract has expired as a courtesy to the customer. Please touch base with your representative for further clarification on this.
We may post customer testimonials on our website which might contain personally identifiable information. We obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name, title, and organization name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use security measures (such as encryption technology) to protect your information including the personally identifiable information that we transmit and store. BoardDocs employs the following measures to secure data:
- Database level security — measures designed to prevent unauthorized users from accessing or modifying the data at the database level.
- System level security — measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to the systems that the database runs on, and to all systems that can access the database.
- Network level security — the database is designed to be inaccessible to the public internet. No machine that can directly access the database can be directly accessed from the internet.
- Firewall — designed to prevent unauthorized access to the network, and to protect against attacks.
- Intrusion Detection Systems — designed to alert us to any attack that might get past the network security and firewall, so that the attack can be stopped.
- Physical security — measures designed to ensure that the machines that can access the database are physically secured so that only the operations team can access them.
- We also prohibit our employees from accessing your personally identifiable information except on a need to know basis, and even then only under confidentiality agreements. Our engineers review the security measures on a regular basis to update and strengthen these protections. No security measures are completely fail-safe or impervious to circumvention. We are not responsible for events beyond our control, including without limitation, the malicious acts or willful misconduct of hackers or any other person.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security technology (TLS).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at info@BoardDocs.com.
BoardDocs’s Information Classification policy identifies any customer data or data received from clients in any form as Confidential.
REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY
Emerald Data Solutions, Inc., a subsidiary of Diligent Corporation, is the controller responsible for the personal information we collect and process. If you have any questions about this privacy and security statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at 1385 Broadway, 19th floor, New York, NY 10018