*Under Section 3-701 of the Education Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Student Member may not vote on these matters. Passage of a motion by the Board on these matters requires the affirmative vote of four (4) Board members.
To access the agenda and supporting documents through Board Docs, go to: www.hcpss.org → Board of Education → Board Docs → Select Meeting →View the Agenda
The approved written meeting minutes are the official record. However, all Board meetings are recorded and can be viewed at: http://hcpsstv.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=6
Welcome to the Board of Education of Howard County
The Board of Education of Howard County is using the Internet to enhance governance and communication with the public through the use of BoardDocs. Documents for Board of Education meetings will be posted publicly three days preceding the meeting. The Board of Education of Howard County is responsible for setting local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education. The Board is composed of seven members elected at-large for four-year terms, and a student member elected by students for a one-year term.
The following will inform you of the location of the numerous Board documents.
• “Feature” Tab: Current meetings of the Board; Documents folder which includes hot topics and frequently visited documents; Policies Under Consideration folder which includes policies under review by the Board; Events folder which includes the upcoming Public Hearings schedule; and Board Members folder which provides Board member bio’s and contact information.
• “Meetings” Tab: All Board meetings and supporting documents; approved meeting minutes are posted in each individual meeting.
• “Policy” Tab: Active policies and policies under consideration for the current school year.
• “Library” Tab: Documents related to Board operations such as Quarterly Agendas, Board Handbook, Board monthly and yearly meeting schedules, Board Committees and Clusters, How to Contact the Board, Meeting Participation, Ombudsman Information, Budget Information, past Board members and Superintendents, Friends of Education Award, Legislative Platform, and Online Resources.
• “Search” Tab: Search BoardDocs under this feature by placing a word or short phrase in quotes.
If you have any questions or need assistance with BoardDocs, please contact the Board of Education Office at 410-313-7194. The Board Office fax number is 410-313-6833 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.